Production Support Developer
What You Do:
The Production Support Developer is an integral part of the software engineering team supporting the internal technology stack and direct client initiatives. This position conducts full SDLC lifecycle activities, which include requirements analysis and design, developing analysis and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitoring systems and processes for performance and quality control to identify improvements. More importantly, the Production Support Developer will coordinate activities with other members of the development and operations teams with customer support tickets within a production based environment.
How You’ll Do It:
- Handle and prioritize changes, configuration requests and other customer inquiries.
- Analyze and troubleshoot data and validate data flows.
- Design business reports via SSRS and Excel.
- Design and troubleshoot SSIS flows.
- Debugging of application code for observed functionality issues.
- Gathers requirements for software applications as the developer may serve as a subject matter expert on systems and processes.
- Designs, modifies and develops software applications.
- Responsible for maintenance and update of software applications.
- Designs and develops back end system processes.
- Designs and develops back end integration processes.
- Support development with unit testing and documenting test cases.
- Work closely with the broader software engineering team to prioritize business and information needs.
- Work closely with Multi-Channel Sample Management with business data analysis including, but not limited to data integrity testing/validation of inbound client data.
- Generate and QC outbound Client facing reports both scheduled and ad hoc.
- Monitor daily system status reports. Validate data based on inbound data feeds.
- Assist Multi-Channel Sample Management team and Software Engineering with ad hoc request and support.
- Define, document, and train users on new systems.
- Gather requirements for software applications and review, evaluate and analyze applications.
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent) required (Computer Science, Business or related field), or equivalent work experience
- 3 or more years of .net software development experience
- 2 or more years of MS BI tool development (SQL Server 2014+, SSRS, SSIS)
- Knowledge of commonly used business systems concepts, practices and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.
- Proven working experience as a data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- 2+ years experience in a business/office environment, pharmaceutical industry preferred, Sample Management/PDMA a plus
- Experience with formulating data analyst reports and spreadsheets including pivot tables based on requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2014+ with ability to write complex T-SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Functions
- Working knowledge of Entity Framework, REST API’s
- Working knowledge of MS BI Tools (SSRS, SSIS)
- Experience in using the Git version control systems
- Telerik and KendoUI control a plus
- Salesforce.com and Pharmaceutical experience a plus
- Analytical and systematic approach to software testing
- Strong organization, communication (written and verbal) and team building skills
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Highly organized with strong interpersonal and prioritization skills
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Strong follow-through on projects and duties
- Ability to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events and capability to adapt to changes in the work environment and manage competing demands
- Aptitude to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently
- Reliable attendance and punctuality a must
- Ability to work in a team environment a must
Contact us for more information
Innovation & Technology
Make it Happen Here.
RxS is a woman-owned service company enabled by technology and dedicated to empowering healthcare success. It was founded by industry leaders in sample management who recognized that existing market offerings did not provide an integrated multi-channel solution.